FASDenver is seeking Francophone teachers for the following grades for the 2021-22 school year:
- Kindergarten (Maternelle Grand Section) – 2 positions available
- 1st Grade (Cours Préparatoire – CP) – 1 position available
- 2nd Grade (Cours Elémentaire 1 – CE1) – 1 position available
- 3rd Grade (Cours Elémentaire 2 – CE2) – 1 position available
Educators at FASDenver must comply with all requirements for employment set forth by C.R.S. 22-63-291, the Colorado Department of Education, and Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015. All prospective employees must successfully complete a Department of Justice fingerprinting background check and reference checks to ensure the safety of the faculty, staff and students of FASDenver.
FASDenver prefers that teachers hired to teach in French be either native-speaking and/or hold a teaching certificate from their respective Ministry of Education (i.e. the French Ministry of Education), or through the American Council of Teaching Foreign Languages. In the case of highly qualified native-speaking teachers who may come from outside the US, or who have not completed these certifications, FASDenver has requested a waiver from C.R.S. 22-63-201.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Knowledge of effective language immersion teaching practices
- Deep knowledge of French curriculum
- Demonstrated native fluency in the French language
- Knowledge of assessments
- Ability to analyze and use qualitative and quantitative student academic performance data to guide classroom practice
- Ability and willingness to reflect on and improve upon his/her own performance
- Demonstrated interest in, and ability to, collaborate with colleagues, parents, and community
- Demonstrated passion for teaching and the French language, strong knowledge of French culture and history
- Confidence in leading a classroom; effective classroom management
- Ability to integrate multiple approaches to ensure differentiation
Recommended education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree either in education or French
- Completion of a teacher preparation program and 1+ year as a professional teacher in a French language immersion setting
The French American School of Denver does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status. French American School of Denver also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.