The Education Assistant (also referred to as a Paraprofessional) is primarily responsible for individual and small group instructional student support as assigned, assisting teachers with administrative tasks, as well as assisting with carline and/or lunch and recess duties as needed. The EA at FASDenver reports to the Kindergarten classroom teacher and works closely with the Executive Director/Principal for all matters related to duty, assignments, and support.
Salary Range: $16 – $21 per hour
The Educational Assistant (EA) advances the mission and vision of the school through:
- Collaboration with classroom and schoolwide teaching staff on ways to best serve our students.
- A data-driven and reflective approach to improvement of practice.
- A collaborative and collegial attitude and related behaviors aligned with the mission of the school
- Maintaining a tenacious and no excuses attitude towards the improvement of students, school, and self.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to working effectively with all types of learners and exhibit a resilient desire to improve their academic growth and achievement.
- Working closely with their grade-level teachers with administrative tasks, small group, and individual instruction and on occasion, leading classroom responsibilities.
- Attending all professional development opportunities offered as per the school calendar and making themselves available to other internal and external opportunities to advance their knowledge base.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, intellectually, and emotionally challenging school environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Unrelenting desire to improve your practice through offered Professional Development.
- Deep knowledge of content and effective teaching strategies preferred, but not required.
- Team player with maturity and humility.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of the school environment.
- Experience working with K-5 students, particularly in the area of Language Arts (reading, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing).
- Must successfully pass reference checks and/or background checks
- Experience in an educational environment is preferred.
- Office and Computer skills: copier use and troubleshooting; word processing/spreadsheets (Microsoft Office and Google), email (Google).
- Carline Duties to ensure all students are safe during the morning and afternoon carline.
- Monitor lunchroom behavior and serve as the main contact for students in the lunchroom.
- Oversee that all students are safe and respectful of the playground and recess areas.
- Participate in planned professional development and staff meetings.
- Support FASDenver in classrooms, halls, and monitoring of students daily, and in the event an absence occurs, stepping in to manage classrooms as necessary.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent; Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- CPR/First-Aid Certification preferred
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to bend, stoop or kneel.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description. In addition, the incumbent may be requested to occasionally perform other tasks.
All prospective employees must successfully complete a Department of Justice fingerprinting background check and reference checks to ensure the safety of the faculty, staff and students of FASDenver.
The French American School of Denver does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status. French American School of Denver also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.