The Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will lead all special education programs and provides behavior analysis services and behavior management plans for students who receive special education and students who are receiving supports through the Multi-tiered System of Supports (Tiers 2 and 3). The BCBA will be the supervisor for the school’s Positive Behavior Interventionist Program. The BCBA will also be responsible for providing professional development opportunities for staff, participate in district level committees.
- Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments for students who have behavior concerns/challenges
- Assist FASDenver in developing a multi-tiered system of academic and behavioral supports for students in need.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop IEP’s, create individualized learning programs and provide function-based positive behavioral supports.
- Collaborate with school leadership to develop and modify BCBA programming as needed
- Direct work with students who present complex and challenging behaviors (case by case basis).
- Participate in required and other job related professional development activities to improve or maintain certification/skills.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Master’s degree in Special Education, completion of graduate coursework in behavior analysis, and a defined period of supervised practical experience to apply for the BCBA exam.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as BCBA Preferred. Experience in K-12 educational setting
The French American School of Denver does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status or veteran status. French American School of Denver also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.